Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusack

I Am the MessengerI Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I re-read this book as part of the 2014 Hub Challenge and it is still one of my favorite books. Ed thinks of himself as a loser; he drives a cab and loves his best friend, Audrey (who doesn't love him back), and I will never forget his coffee drinking dog, The Doorman. When Ed foils a bank robbery, he begins to receive playing cards in the mail, directing him to different situations and we see how well (or not) he handles the different missions. It is the slow, sure way that Ed becomes a different person by helping others that impacted me the most. I loved reading hangdog Ed and seeing him become a better person with each person he helped. A very satisfying read:)

View all my reviews

No comments: