Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Young Elites by Marie Lu

The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)The Young Elites by Marie Lu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am really looking forward to the next book in this series! While I abhorred Terren and Adelina's father, I have not made up my mind about Adelina yet. Adelina had a horrible childhood after her mother died from the fever. Adelina's father terrorized her (broke her finger)- always trying to bully her into showing anger and hatred--he wanted to see the malfetto manifested in her since she survived the illness (she lost an eye, has gray hair. She has a sister, Violetta who survived the illness too. But Adelina's father openly loves Violetta and despises Adelina due to the harsh circumstances malfetto families endure (no one will marry her and her father's business suffers). I found it painful to endure Adelina's self loathing and refusal to confide in anyone about her life and death problems (but I also understood she has a dark side she does not know how to handle yet). I loved all the Young Elites especially Enzo and Raphaelle and hoped Adelina would tell them the truth about Terren. I could not put this book down and can't wait to see what happens as more of The Young Elites appear in Book Two.

View all my reviews

No comments: