Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Breaking the Rules by Katie McGarry

Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)Breaking the Rules by Katie McGarry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have only read Crash Into You by Katie McGarry (recommended on Simone Elkeles website) and I am hopelessly hooked! Teens will love her books and reluctant readers will love her books- there is definitely drama (foster kids), romance, and even an urban edge (you will see what I mean)! I met characters, Echo and Noah in Crash Into You and when I saw there was a follow-up story including Isaiah's "family" - Noah and Echo- I couldn't wait for the book to come out. Both characters have experienced grave losses, found each other and love each other tremendously. After they graduate, Noah and Echo, set out for a summer of travel, peddling Echo's art work while Noah works and tries to find out more about his mother's family. I just loved how much both of these characters truly cared about one another- how much they were willing to give up and how much they were willing to grow for one another. As the summer ends, both characters have life altering decisions to make- will this impact their romance and end their relationship? Very edgy, teens and reluctant readers will enjoy- since they are on their way to college- there is some sex going on- so more mature readers for the edgier topics. Highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments: