Friday, March 6, 2015
3rd Top Ten Tuesday
This week the Broke and Bookish are taking as their topic Top Ten Books from the last three years and of course I have too many; this is my 3rd and final list of favorites!!!
1. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven-compelling first novel of love, death, and finding oneself.
2. Bright Before Sunrise by Tiffany Schmidt- Brighton and Jonah will surprise you and melt your heart.
3. Jasper Dent Series by Barry Lyga - what would you do if your father was a serial killer?
4. Eliot Schrefer books-Endangered and Threatened- For animal lovers, African animals in distress.
5. Ruta Sepetys books - Between Shades of Gray and Out of the Easy -Genocide and prostitution, historical fiction
6. Marissa Meyer Lunar Chronicles- Cinder, Scarlet, Cress- twists on fairytales, great reads!
7. The Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman - all of them!
8. Curse Workers series by Holly Black - Urban fantasy- White Cat, Red Glove and Black Heart
9. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman - Great female protagonist, Half dragon Seraphina
10. Scar Boys by Len Vlahos- friendship, love of music and a band tour.
10. Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein - Rose uses her poetry and storytelling with her concentration camp friends to as a way to remember life.
10. If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch - found living in the woods, how will 2 sisters survive?
10. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson - PTSD affects a family.
10. The Legend Series by Marie Lu -Legend, Prodigy, Champion- Dystopian Romance
10. Reality Boy by A.S. King -Dysfunctional family
10. The Diviners by Libba Bray - 1920s serial killer on the loose
10. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater- If Blue Sargent kisses a boy, will he really die?