Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday- Top 10 Inspiring Quotes from Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  For more information, or to join the fun yourself, check out their blog!

Top 10 Inspiring Quotes from books – inspires, challenges, makes you think, encourages you, etc.

1-Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3) Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi- I read and loved all 3 books in this series- Though they come from different worlds,  Perry and Aria find each other and their relationship is inspiring,  gripping, and all encompassing.

What I was trying to say," Perry whispered, is that I see you in everything. There isn't a word for you that means enough, because you're everything to me." Perfect words," Aria said, her smile wobbling with emotion. "Magical." His mouth found hers again, his kisses hungry, his weight settling onto her. She wove her fingers in his damp curls, and she was gone. Swept away. Nothing else existed beyond his body and hers, moving like strength and surrender, folded into one.

2-The Night CircusThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – this book was beautiful and haunting in description and I luxuriated in the Celia and Marco relationship as the magical circus takes on a life of its own.  

“I have tried to let you go and I cannot. I cannot stop thinking of you. I cannot stop dreaming about you.”


3-I'll Give You the SunI’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson - There is so much to totally love about this book- family lies, secrets, jealousies but also deep abiding love, compassion, and artistic brilliance.

 

 “I gave up practically the whole world for you,” I tell him, walking through the front door of my own love story. “The sun, stars, ocean, trees, everything, I gave it all up for you.”

“Or maybe a person is just made up of a lot of people,” I say. “Maybe we’re accumulating these new selves all the time.” Hauling them in as we make choices, good and bad, as we screw up, step up, lose our minds, find our minds, fall apart, fall in love, as we grieve, grow, retreat from the world, dive into the world, as we make things, as we break things.”

 
4- All the Bright PlacesAll The Bright Places – Jennifer Niven – a very meaningful read - No matter what we think about these Finch and Violet ---this book speaks volumes about teens and what they grapple with on a daily basis-bullying, death, suicide, depression, mental illness, labels, stigmas, family dysfunction, drugs, you name it!

“You have been in every way all that anyone could be.… If anybody could have saved me it would have been you.”


The thing I realize is that it's not what you take, it's what you leave.

5- The Darkest Part of the ForestThe Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black - this dark world of Faerie folk living side by side in Fairfold is cunningly slow to unfold. So read very closely all the juicy details and bread crumbs...

 
“And elsewhere in the woods, there is another party, one taking place inside a hollow hill, full of night-blooming flowers. There, a pale boy plays a fiddle with newly mended fingers while his sister dances with his best friend. There, a monster whirls about, branches waving in time with the music.  There, a prince of the Folk takes up the mantle of king, embracing a changeling like a brother, and, with a human boy at his side, names a girl his champion.”


6- Eleanor & ParkEleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell- It is Park and Eleanor who slowly, but surely find one another first through comic books, then music, then conversation. None of their relationship and then their romance is easy, but they find each other and hold on.

 

“I don't like you, Park," she said, sounding for a second like she actually meant it. "I..." - her voice nearly disappeared - "think I live for you."

7- Gabi, a Girl in PiecesGabi: A Girl in Pieces by  Isabel Quintero - What I love about Gabi's voice and character is that she is so authentic; she is hilarious in her thoughts and words (she is a wonderful writer and poet- she is compassionate- she is confused) she is just a teen looking for answers.


“The way my Tia looks at Raul is the way I look at Martin. He makes her happy and helps her see that she is stronger than she thought she was. It's not that he makes her stronger, but he definitely helps her see that she has been strong all along.”


8- Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Aria “Do you ever miss anything?”Perry smiled, 'You, all the time.”

 
9- Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles – gotta love those Fuentes brothers!


“You are the one girl that made me risk everything for a future worth having.”

10. I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga the best serial killer series!!!

“Jazz hadn't given her many details of exactly what life in the Dent house had been like, but he'd told her enough that she knew it wasn't hearts and flowers. Well, except for the occasional heart cut from a chest. And the kind of flowers you send to funerals.”

No comments: