Monday, May 25, 2015

Blind Spot by Tom Kakonis

Blind SpotBlind Spot by Tom Kakonis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you to NetGalley and Brash Books for the ARC, Blind Spot written by Tom Kakonis, a can’t put it down mystery thriller. I was immediately captivated and sickened with the abduction of three year old Jeff Quinn in a planetarium while his father slept. As Marshall and Lori Quinn’s life spirals out of control, the police presence in their son’s missing person case is negligible. Marshall, tries to be patient with law enforcement— but he is haunted by his own guilt. With no background in being a detective, he prints up flyers; Marshall and catatonic Lori (dependent on drugs to assuage her sorrow) hand them out as well as travel by car (with a life-size photo of Jeff) each weekend. Kakonis is skilled in unraveling this mystery; the reader is kept in constant suspense; will Marshall and Lori ever get their son back? I was sick with worry as I read this book but I rooted for Marshall through all of his sincere yet amateur attempts to find his son; highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments: