Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Handful of Stars by Cynthia Lord

A Handful of StarsA Handful of Stars by Cynthia Lord
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a wonderful book!!! I loved everything and everyone in this book, especially Lucky! Cynthia Lord's characters, setting, and oh those blueberries make for such a great read. Lily and her blind dog, Lucky live in Maine and meet Salma, a migrant worker. Salma becomes a very special friend to Lily and helps her as she tries new things. I loved growing close to Lily, Lucky, and her family and her intense wish to help Lucky regain his sight. I also enjoyed learning about the hardship of being a migrant worker, but Salma's love of art, family, and wishing for a better life were just a few things I wanted for Salma. I highly recommend this book to dog lovers, too; it will be a great read aloud to a class and also a great book to curl up with too!

View all my reviews

No comments: