Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Two Bobbies: a True Story of Hurricane Katrina, Friendship, and Survival by Kirby Larson

Two Bobbies: A True Story of Hurricane Katrina, Friendship, and SurvivalTwo Bobbies: A True Story of Hurricane Katrina, Friendship, and Survival by Kirby Larson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book so much I purchased three- one for me to share, one for my daughter who is a K teacher and one for my daughter-in-law who is a K teacher (and of course Kylie, my granddaughter has read it many times, what a beautiful story of the Katrina Hurricane and its effect on a cat and a dog - and of course, on the readers who will just be so happy these two Bobbies stay together to survive. The illustrations are gorgeous and I appreciated the "real" photographs of the two pets too! Children and adults will learn so much about Hurricane Katrina, the lapse of time people and animals endured before help arrived. The Author's note at the end was very helpful and added even more important information about these two very special pets. Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: