Sunday, June 26, 2016

If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

If I Was Your GirlIf I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG what a beautiful story! I loved the character of Amanda Hardy; how she related to her friends, family and Grant. As she moved through her life, from present, then back into the past, I wanted so much for her- and as she made friends, grew close to Grant, and navigated a new relationship with her father (she was born, Andrew) I rooted for her to succeed in finding happiness as a transgender teen in a new life that was honest. But Amanda could not stop remembering her past, the bullying, and the judging- will this help Amanda succeed or fail? As her life in a new school and now living with her dad moves forward, I wanted the best of all things for Amanda, will that be what she gets? A mesmerizing read that is honest, raw, and educational (I learned so much about her medical process)--- teens will want to read this brave book! I especially liked the author's A Note From the Author and her acknowledgments at the end. I am looking forward to more books from Meredith Russo- she has much to impart to teen readers, parents, guidance counselors, nurses, teachers and readers.

View all my reviews

No comments: