Thursday, August 11, 2016

And I Darken by Kiersten White

And I Darken (The Conquerors Saga #1)And I Darken by Kiersten White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG, I loved this historical fiction book, characters and plot! Imagine antiheroine, Lada Dragwyla, during the Ottoman Empire. She is the opposite of her brother, Radu, who is sweet, kind, and soft-spoken - constantly terrorized by his sister but also loved deeply by Lada. When they are given over as prisoners to the Sultan, Lada only wants to return to her homeland, Wallachia. But once they meet, Mehmet, the heir to the Ottoman empire and a kindred spirit- these three form a very strong bond of friendship. I loved White's characters, even minor ones like Kumar. I loved/hated Lada, Radu and Mehmet- you will too. I can't wait to see what happens as more war, passion, atrocities, and betrayal continue to play out in this 2nd in The Conquerors Saga.

View all my reviews

No comments: