Monday, August 29, 2016

Learning to Swim (Troy Chance #1) by Sara J. Henry

Learning to Swim (Troy Chance, #1)Learning to Swim by Sara J. Henry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This adult mystery held me captive with the first page; imagine seeing something fall in the water and you think it may be a child---Troy Chance (love that name) dives from a ferry into cold Lake Champlain and rescues a young boy. What she does after will keep the reader turning those pages; she does not immediately contact the police but becomes totally attached to this little boy and sets about trying to find out from him (Paul) what happened. He does not speak English well and they communicate in French. I loved Troy's life, her perseverance, her pluck and her humanity. I thought she was going to be perfect, but alas, she is flawed and as the book continues she makes mistakes, blames herself, and learns the hard way she is in danger too. I can't wait to read the 2nd book and enjoy the perils of Troy Chance!

View all my reviews

No comments: