Thursday, April 6, 2017

Anna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit

Anna and the Swallow ManAnna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to this audiobook as part of the 2017 HUB Challenge and oh did this audiobook narrated by Allan Corduner deserve the Odyssey Award and kudos to debut author, Gavriel Savit; I look forward to reading more from him. It is 1939 and Anna is just 7 yrs old when her Polish father is taken away, never to return. Anna meets the Swallow Man who is a master manipulator, commands a knowledge of many languages and together they teach each other how to survive in a world gone beserk. OMG I loved Allan Corduner's narration, his voices, his hypnotic voice, his chilling voice, his Anna and his Swallow Man. A must read; a different kind of Holocaust book but gut wrenching all the same about a horrific period of time.

View all my reviews

No comments: