Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen

Keeping the MoonKeeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book for #yearofya August twitter chat dealing with 1980s and 1990s books (can be set in those year or published in those years) and it was published in 1999 and I just love Sarah Dessen! Her books were always out in my HS library. Coli is a 15 year old teen who has had a tough life of moving around with her mom (no dad), being fat and bullied in school. Fast forward and Coli is thin, daughter of a now famous aerobics mom and being sent to live with her aunt for the summer whie her mom travels fro business. And what Coli thinks will be a horrible summer turns out to be a very interesting one where she meets friends (2 sister waitresses who have alot to say), tries to understand her eccentric aunt, and begins to give herself and others (Norman) a chance. Dessen had me turning the pages as I rooted for Coli and totally detested the mean bullies. Coli's conflicts were crushing but with a new outlook, she just might figure things out. For those who loved Dumplin' & Holding Up the Universe, this book will resonate!

View all my reviews

No comments: