Thursday, November 16, 2017

The Book of Dust: La Belle Sauvage (Book of Dust Vol. 1) by Philip Pullman

La Belle Sauvage (The Book of Dust, #1)La Belle Sauvage by Philip Pullman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh did I love Michael Sheen's superb narration of La Belle Sauvage; and Malcolm and Alice and Lyra are my new favorite characters! I am going to go back and listen to the Lyra books again; such a great series!!! With the world in the throes of a flood, young Malcolm had fled with Alice and the baby, Lyra---there are people who mean to harm her and they will not ever succeed if it is up to Malcom!!! I loved his determination, his personality (he could fool people with his comments but he could also be very truthful to others) and as he plunges with eyes wide open into finding safety---he meets many interesting people. This book has it all, I was gripped with the narration, the worldbuilding, the revisiting of a character I loved, Lyra. What a thrill---I can't wait for the 2nd book; Pullman has crafted a mystery, historical fiction, and rife with spies, murderers, and fanatics. Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: