Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The Brimstone Journals by Ron Koertge

The Brimstone JournalsThe Brimstone Journals by Ron Koertge
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this realistic fiction novel in verse as part of the November chat for #yearoya focusing on books written between 2002 and 2007. My students always loved Ron Koertge books, I never found the time to read this, I am so glad I did. With school shootings making the news, this High School in 2001 is dealing with bullying, romance, sexual abuse, and a dangerous group who are making a list of those who will not make it. The teen voices are real and span all kinds of high school kids. Thankfully teens don't shy from talking to the adults and police when they fear for their life. An ALA Notable Book in 2002.

View all my reviews

No comments: