Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Speaker (The Reader #2) by Traci Chee

The Speaker (Sea of Ink and Gold, #2)The Speaker by Traci Chee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh boy did I love this 2nd book in the Reader series!!! Traci Chee kept me turning the pages even when the horror of what Archer and his band are dealing with in memories, self-hatred, loathing, dreams, no sleep. Archer and Sefia use the book to catch, kill, and imprison the Impressors who kidnapped them and stole their lives only to have them survive by killing each other. Now they are finding the kidnapped boys, freeing them and joining Archer to free all the boys and punish the Impressors. But they are always being chased by the Guard (oh do I hate them, Tanin especially) and it is up to Sefia (they call her the Sorcerer) to read the book to lead them to the next encampment. What I found very difficult to read was how tortured Archer was; it was making the distance between him and Sefia very wide (but Sefia is not being honest with him either, is she???) I loved Traci Chee's worldbuilding, 500 pages slipped by, the words, the characters, the plot all were captivating and I thank the author for a positive uplifting ending (Sefia & Archer are together!!!) but still thrilling and exciting about Book 3; can't wait - found this book fascinating; highly recommended!!! I can't wait to find out more about past, present and future as Sefia and Archer have very decided roles they play in this world of reading, magic, Guards, and lies.

View all my reviews

No comments: