Monday, November 6, 2017

The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

The Upside of UnrequitedThe Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book for the #2jennsbookclub twitter chat to be held 11/9 at 8PM. Molly was such a likable character; she was shy but always positive, such a uniquely creative person and very aware she is considered "large" or "chubby." She has a twin sister who is thin, blond, gay and I think too harsh with Molly and then gets too secretive when she starts seeing a new girl (she has never been like this before!) as well as trying to overzealously set Molly up with new guy, Will. I loved the family dynamic with the two moms, their upcoming plans for their nuptials, and Molly's new job with coworker, Reid who is funny, nerdy, into Tolkein and super nice. Albertalli really knows how to craft a story; I loved her first book and I think I like this one even more. She gets teens, their dramas, their relationships, and pulls the readers in with the honesty, humor, and ultimate happiness of a really great book.

View all my reviews

No comments: