Monday, November 6, 2017

Warcross (Warcross #1) by Marie Lu

Warcross (Warcross, #1)Warcross by Marie Lu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Since I am not into gaming at all, I absolutely loved the narration by Nancy Wu; her voice had just the right amount of tension, yes there is lots of that in this high stakes gaming competition that has someone trying to destroy the game. Emika Chen hacks into the initial Warcross game and that has her meet the creator, Hideo, who hires her as a hacker to find who is hacking into Warcross. There was so much going on, I loved the narration, I would have been lost because I am not familiar with all the terms used but I loved the artificial worlds, the ins and outs of the games, the way the games were set up using bots, virtual weapons, Ash in a wheelchair but he runs in the game, and bounty hunters!!! I can't wait for Book 2 because the ending really surprised me- I think Emika is such a bold, fierce, amazing and strong female main character- I can't wait to see what happens.

View all my reviews

No comments: