Friday, February 16, 2018

The Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin

The Becoming of Noah Shaw (The Shaw Confessions, #1)The Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was really disconcerted the whole time listening/reading this series (off shoot from Mara Dyer series). I listened to Joe Jameson as he narrated this first book from Noah's POV. Joe did a great job I just did not enjoy the whole story-Noah and his "special" crew (Mara, Sophie, Stella, Leo, Jamie, her brother Daniel and Noah's friend who is an amplifier) were not likable at all. I don't mind darkness in books but there needs to be a little redemption and there was NONE in this book, so disappointing. It also says in the Goodreads description; "Mara Dyer is the only one he trusts with his secrets and his future." That is so wrong- Noah doesn't trust anyone, he keeps everything (lies, secrets, etc) to himself thinking/justifying that the truth is just too awful. I am going to say to Michelle Hodkin; "You really need to put some "GOOD" in Noah's books- teens deserve to read about good and evil, darkness and light. The past and the present of Noah and friends is just wrong; the suicides too tough (there were way too many), there was just darkness everywhere; characters being helpless or made to do things they did not want and Noah and Mara's future fell right in their lap - they are no good for each other as Noah's Dad and the Professor foretold. Daniel was the only character I liked and want to see more of. Noah and Mara need to change and I know Michelle Hodkin can do it; I just hope she does. Give teens books that will give them hope, not twisted, endless truth that tears everyone and their world apart.


View all my reviews

No comments: