Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sparrow by Sarah Moon

SparrowSparrow by Sarah Moon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this award winner as part of the 2018 HUB Reading Challenge. Oh did I love Sparrow's journey, from a lonely child who loses one friend and never seems to make another. Sparrow spends her time becoming a bird and flying. It is when she is on the roof at school that people think she will jump, that Sparrow goes into counseling and oh what a journey she begins with Dr, K. Sparrow and her mom go through a very difficult period too, not talking to each other. It is so beautiful when Sparrow discovers music, how it heals her, energizes her and speaks to her---when Sparrow, her mom and Dr. K talk and settle on Sparrow going to a 3 week long music camp...OMG I just loved Sparrow's spirit as it soared, made friends, wrote songs, played the bass. The best book ever! Quite the debut!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: