Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Vicious (Villains #1) by V. E. Schwab

Vicious (Villains, #1)Vicious by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG, do I love V.E. Schwab's books---both her YA and adult and this adult series is a winner!!! Victor is a college student; he is not really likable and so far all of his roommates have not worked out until Eli Cardane. Both Eli & Victor get along, they are very smart and annoying- until senior thesis time when Eli comes up with a thesis that intrigues them both - but also literally has them experiencing near death and when resurrected- they each have Extraordinary abilities---but this is the reason they become enemies - Eli believes they are now unnatural and he must do away with them (because surely there are others) - but first Eli sends Victor to jail for 10 years and the first person Victor wants to find is Eli, I wonder why??? I could not stop turning the pages---many characters are evil but there are also the unsuspecting characters. Eli is twisted and a cold blooded killer, but I enjoyed the cold-bloodedness of Victor (I think because I really liked his sidekicks Mitch and Sydney). Schwab's writing and worldbuilding were chilling, I can't wait for #2!

View all my reviews

No comments: