Thursday, August 9, 2018

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

Little Fires EverywhereLittle Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I loved the narration by Jennifer Lim but was not a fan of the story. I really did not like most of the characters, the only 1 I loved was Izzy, she was a feisty heroine, misunderstood by her family and transformed by her friendship with artist, Mia who (along with her daughter) rents from Izzy's family. Her sister, Lexie is self-absorbed, while Trip is an athlete who is mean to his brother, Moody. Moody really disgusted me when he turned against Pearl; not once does he regret how he behaves toward Mia & he further spews lies and invective to Izzy and Trip. Elena Richardson was a horror as a self important mother who believed herself a mover and shaker with her Shaker ideals- she almost hated Izzy and drove Mia and Pearl away. The whole part dealing with the adoption was tough for all involved. I loved Ng's first book, Everything I Never told you, not so much this one.

View all my reviews

No comments: