Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle by Leslie Connor

The Truth as Told by Mason ButtleThe Truth as Told by Mason Buttle by Leslie Connor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This audiobook was full of drama as Andrew Eiden flawlessly narrates Mason Buttle, a large kid for his age, perspiring all the time and full of learning disabilities. Thank God for his special teacher who helps him express himself through a computer and she is a haven for him in school. Calvin and his family have been grieving the death of Mason's best friend, Benny Kilmartin so much so - their house is falling down, his uncle doesn't work on the farm anymore, and the police think Benny killed his best friend. As Mason tries to stay out of the way of the lacrosse bullies, his new friend Calvin becomes a target of those bullies too. I loved Connor's other book, Waiting For Normal, and she outdoes herself with Calvin, his problems; I could not stop listening to Andrew Eiden; I rooted for Mason Buttle and my heart was full as the audiobook/book ended- highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: