Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3)Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I enjoyed this third book in the Perfect Chemistry trilogy but the characterization of Luis Fuentes and Nikki Cruz seemed rushed. I didn't feel the depth of personality that developed slowly but surely with Alex and Brittany and Carlos and Kiera. There were not many adult figures that played a role model type role in the original two books and I would have liked to have seen more development of Officer Reyes instead of all three brothers believing he was trouble with no interest in their mother. Elkeles can still get the heat going with her descriptions of Luis and Nikki's yearnings or spurnings. Teens will enjoy this book, but it just didn't hit the mark of the first two with the human drama, drugs and gangs, it seemed too contrived, but I will be asking my students what they think as well.



View all my reviews

No comments: