Saturday, March 15, 2014

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (Audio Book)

Eleanor & ParkEleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to this as part of the 2014 Hub Challenge and just like the book I read a year ago, I LOVED Rebecca Lowman's Eleanor and Sunil Malhotra's Park. Their voices, inflections all brought back to me how much I loved this book and ached for both characters. I can see why it won Amazing AudioBooks. I am not a fan of listening to books but I couldn't stop because Eleanor and Park became people to me, just like I became a part of their world in the book. I would love to see a movie made out of this book! If you have read or listened to this book, I recommend you do it sooner, rather than later. Rowell's depiction of Eleanor's family is so stark compared to Park's and (being a teacher)you know teens live in these families, worlds, dramas, etc. and hopefully reading and listening to these books will help teens when they see other characters have those struggles too.

View all my reviews

No comments: