Saturday, March 15, 2014

The President Has Been Shot by James Swanson

"The President Has Been Shot!": The Assassination of John F. Kennedy by James L. Swanson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book as part of the 2014 Hub Challenge and my Goodreads group nonfiction title for the month of March. I loved James Swanson's narrative voice; the images and the extensive research he did to present a compelling read about a great man and his horrible assassination and what his family and the world were deprived of as a result of his life being cut short. There is an extensive bibliography consisting of books and websites and further reading. This is a must read book, both students, teachers and adults will respond to Swanson's engaging portrayal of John F. Kennedy, Jackie Kennedy, and their world.

View all my reviews

No comments: