Thursday, April 17, 2014

Go: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic Design by Chip Kidd

Go: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic DesignGo: A Kidd's Guide to Graphic Design by Chip Kidd
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, Chip Kidd has written, designed, and illustrated the BEST book for graphic design for kids; I recommend everyone read this book----they will love it. What did I learn? I had no idea Chip Kidd was involved in sooo many books, book covers (like Jurassic Park and all the covers on pages 10-12, 68-69, p. 112-115). In each of the six chapters, Kidd goes into detail about What is Graphic Design?, Form, Typography, Content, Concept and 10 Design Projects. I really liked the Chapter 4 Concept on Illusion (p. 109) where Kidd, G. Spear and Augusten Burroughs "goofed on the title, Side Effects, by addig a sixth finger to the hand (mine)." I loved how Chip Kidd shared what the title of this book Go means, p. 117. I think it would be fun for kids to jump in and try the 10 design projects and post it on gothebook.com
Loved this book!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: