Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Mosquitoland by David Arnold

MosquitolandMosquitoland by David Arnold
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The saga of Mim ( known as Mary Iris Malone) as she travels by Greyhound bus from Mississippi (Mosquitoland) to Cleveland is hilarious, sad, and daunting. As an immature 16 year old, Mim captivated me with her words, thoughts, feelings and wacky ideas as she makes her way back to a mother she loves (and maybe back to herself too). The cast of characters she meets (Arlene, Walt Beck are a few of the good people) will make your reader heart happy while the villains (Poncho Man specifically) will scare and horrify. I have not met a character like Mim before and I did not want to stop reading her opinions, fantasies, ironies and notions of romance. Hers is a slice of life teens will love. I am looking forward to more David Arnold books! Highly recommended, to teens and adults!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: