Thursday, August 13, 2015

None of the Above by I. W. Gregorio

None of the AboveNone of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved this book! When I was a librarian (I am retired), there were so many students who looked for books like None of the Above. Krissy is a very nice, normal teen who is going to college on a track scholarship, is in love with Sam and has just been voted Homecoming Queen! But life stops being rosy and Krissy is plunged into a nightmare when her visit to the gynecologist reveals she has male parts; she is identified as intersex. Even worse, she confides to her best friends and then her whole world knows and begins judging, bullying, etc. Teens and adults (parents, teachers, guidance counselors, school nurses) need to read this book- this is part of the real world; it is gut wrenching, eye opening, and tells a powerful story with facts, emotions, and growing knowledge (and coping) by Krissy and her dad. The author afterward was especially eye opening; highly recommended!!!
A must read and part of my summer reading with #2jennsbookclub; join the twitter chat 8/20 @8pm EST!

View all my reviews

No comments: