Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved listening to this amazing audiobook! Mare Barrow is a Red who lives in a crushing world of poverty serving the ruling class known as the Silvers. When she makes a mistake as a thief, she is catapulted into the world of the Silvers and "imprisoned" as the Silver Princess hiding her red blood lineage (she is jeeringly called The Little Lightning Girl because she can create fire and electricity within her body and hands). I loved the romance, the worlds, the plot, and the truly evil characters Aveyard weaves into this drop dead action novel complete with magical powers, rebellion, and surprising duplicity. I am rooting for Mare in the sequel and I have to admit it is driving me nuts waiting. Come join in the twitter chat with #2jennsbookclub on 11/12 at 8pm EST!

View all my reviews

No comments: