Friday, December 11, 2015

Stand Off by Andrew Smith

Stand-Off (Winger, #2)Stand-Off by Andrew Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ryan Dean was so different in this book; devastated, sad, and hawked by N.A.T.E. a big scary dark figure keeping him up at night for the next terrible experience in his life. Without Joey, Ryan Dean doesn't have much to look forward to his senior year without his best friend. But Annie is still Ryan's true love but he still has his "I am such a loser" mentality and he draws from her strength and compassion and this ends up making him a better person...and the fact that Pine Mountain has seen fit to give him a 12 year old roommate really puts Ryan Dean further over the edge. Ryan Dean is so hysterical and insecure and as a reader I LOVE his outlook and musings! Boys and girls will love the rugby, the action, and Ryan Dean's narration of the games are so exciting. And the romance between Annie and Ran Dean just gets better and better. A highly recommended read, I love all of Andrew Smith's books but Winger and Stand Off hold a special place in my heart. Ryan Dean is a special guy and I'd love to continue reading more about him.

View all my reviews

No comments: