Wednesday, January 20, 2016

On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis

On the Edge of GoneOn the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you to NetGalley and ABRAMS Kids for the ARC, On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis. If you are looking for a gripping post-apocalyptic read with diverse characters measured according to how “worthiness” On the Edge of Gone, is a rip-roaring action packed read! Denise is the tough but insecure protagonist, who does not let her autism stop her from proving her worth to gain a spot on the generation ship (bringing her mother along while still trying to find her sister, Iris) as a comet hurtles toward Earth. I loved the much needed diversity Duyvis brought to this raw book with biracial characters, transgender characters, and characters with disabilities. I saw this author speak on a diversity panel 11/15/15 in Philadelphia titled, Moving Past “Girl” Books and “Boy” Books: Representing a Rainbow, and I was so impressed. I immediately requested this title from NetGalley and I was so excited to read this scifi thriller. I even purchased Otherbound, too! Congratulations to Corinne Duyvis and the cadre of other authors celebrating diversity in culture and environment in their writing; YA readers need more authors to lend their voices; highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: