Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh wow! The Glass Sword was just as chilling and The Red Queen and I could not stop listening to this audiobook, I was hooked. As Mare, Cal, Farley and Kilorn look for New Bloods from Julian's list - those like Mare that have special abilities - Mare reunites with her brother, Shade who I absolutely loved. Like Mare, he has amazing abilities- but I will not be divulging - you must read the book. Fleeing Maven and the Silver's was a taut race that kept Mare and her band jumping, crashing, and trying to outwit the Silvers. I rooted for Mare- she doubted herself constantly and made judgments and voiced concerns that did not sit well with her as well as others. Her relationships are tested sorely, she is miserable, and really questions who she is as she kills just like Maven & the Silvers to. I hate that I have to wait for #3 but it gives me lots of time to think about Aveyard's great characters (loved the New Bloods) the intricate plot twists and that darn ending!

View all my reviews

No comments: