Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

Every Last WordEvery Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This will be another book I suggest to #yearofya May chat and I just loved Audible's Amy Rubinate as she narrated Samantha (Sam's) grappling with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) from the age of 11. Sam decides to keep this secret from her friends, who are not really nice girls, and there is a slippery slope in the pecking order of their friendship. So things begin to change when one day a girl a few lockers down talks to Sam in school and as she gets to know Caroline, Sam begins to see what a true friend is. I liked how vulnerable Sam was but how strong she was when it came to swimming, confiding to her doctor in weekly sessions and trying to control her OCD's dark thoughts and obessions. I learned so much about this disorder from this book and the author has a NOTE at the end with important information. A great read for students, teachers and guidance counselors! Highly recommended!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: