Friday, May 20, 2016

Ghost Medicine by Andrew Smith

Ghost MedicineGhost Medicine by Andrew Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Andrew Smith; his writing captures my heart and this early book (2008) of his was a winner. There is a tight knit group of friends who live out West on farms- Troy is the main character telling the story about his friends who mean more to him than life- Tom Buller, Gabe & Luz Benanvidez. This is a pivotal summer as Troy grapples with missing his dead mother, being in love with Luz, working for her Dad, and dealing with the sheriff's son, Chase who is a bully, thief, and nasty beyond words. This book was somber, made my heart ache, and I loved learning what good kids these teens were, how much they loved their farm life, the horses, and the hard work. What will their lives hold for them after this summer?

View all my reviews

No comments: