Monday, May 9, 2016

This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp

This Is Where It EndsThis Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp


This book came highly recommended from lists and blogs and oh was it taut, fearful and very angst ridden. School shootings are always difficult to read, be they fiction or nonfiction...Marieke Nijkamp's book is so good because she utilizes four different teen viewpoints (some are in the school, others are outside the school and some are in the auditorium with the shooter bringing the horror home to the reader. I could not put this book down (although I wanted to) and this book will be passed from student to student just for the fear and terror factor. I am also going to use this book in my May twitter chat (Tues May 24 at 8PM EST) with #yearofya on the topic of instability in teen lives. Join us for a powerful discussion on books and resources for teens on this timely topic.

View all my reviews

No comments: