Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)Illuminae by Amie Kaufman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First I read and loved this book, read it again for a Twitter Book Chat and just finished listening to the audiobook which won an award for top 10 Amazing Audiobooks from YALSA! I listened to this audiobook as part of the 2016 Hub Reading Challenge. I was a little unsure about how this book would convert to audio BUT it was fantastic! All of the narrators were unbelievably awesome in delivering this thriller! The sounds of AIDAN, pilots, battles, hackers, and of course, Kady & Ezra make this one of my favorite books and I am most definitely looking forward to the 2nd book! There will be a great Twitter chat with #2jennsbookclub at 8pm Thursday 6/9- join in the discussion!

Here is my review from reading the book:) https://www.goodreads.com/review/edit...
What a fantastic rip roaring good read! As Kady & Ezra break up (this is a big thing) little do they know by afternoon their planet, Kerenza, has been attacked and the ex-lovers (barely speaking & angry with each other) are fleeing for their lives. What I loved about this sci-fi action drama was the high octane super charged way the authors accomplished this first in a series- using Memos, hacked documents (IMs, texts, emails), interviews, pictures, graphics all pull this story into a hold your breath drama where 1 girl (great with technology, doesn't work well with others & super bad ass) and 1 guy (team player, fighter pilot and still in love with Kady) fight together & separately to save those on The Alexander, Lincoln & Hypatia from a mutating disease, AIDAN's insanity, and still stay alive. I could not stop following the Kady & Ezra communications (OMG!!!) I am so looking forward to the 2nd book in the series! Kaufman and Kristoff create a thriller where everything is crazy and Kady & Ezra are very strong protagonists the reader just keeps rooting for! Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: