Monday, June 20, 2016

The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Book One) by Rae Carson

The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another great series I found on my Goodreads TBR shelf & decided to use it for my twitter chat with June #YearofYA discussion at 8pm EST Monday 6/27. Rae Carson's world building from main character's view, Elisa, who is 16 years old and being married off to a King from a neighboring region. Elisa's point of view is one of honesty and uncertainty- she knows she is special because she bears a Godstone that has powers, but unlike her sister, Elisa is fat, like a sausage and useless. But as her life unfolds, the reader finds, along with Elisa, that she is anything but useless. I can't wait to jump into the other two books in this series to see how she continues to grow, help others, plan war strategies, and who becomes a leader (head of the Malficio) who is feared & beloved. Readers will be treated to a irresistible fantasy with a strong heroine who deals with war, romance, and fighting for those you love.

View all my reviews

No comments: