Monday, August 29, 2016

After You by JoJo Moyes

After You (Me Before You, #2)After You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The grief in this book was so palpable; I ached for Louisa and the loss of the love of her life, Will. But I loved Moyes' continued humor with her family and others Louisa interacts with; from Lily to Will's parents and finally Ambulance Sam (loved him). There are many starts and stop in this book, but I think it shows Lou's own inability to move on and be happy like Will wanted her to be. She tries and those efforts are commendable. I think Moyes did an awesome job with the grief Lou could not get away from and the characters in the grief group were really true to form and helped Lou more than she thought. It is so difficult to move on and I think Moyes' did an excellent job portraying this. Loved the ending!

View all my reviews

No comments: