Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

The NightingaleThe Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh did I love this book, the writing and the characters! Kristin Hannah has written a spellbinding historical Fiction novel about the horrors of WWII in France, a family torn apart by war and the courageous things people will do. Before the war, Vianne and Isabelle Rossignol are two sisters who have suffered the loss of their mother, the rejection by their father, and a chasm between them. When WWII breaks out, life is turned upside down; Isabelle who has always been a rebel, becomes a heroine who saves pilots while her sister must endure Commandant Beck billeted in their home. I was so sickened by the Nazi atrocities toward the Jews & French men, women and children but I rooted for the sisters to persevere and endure. A compelling must read; highly recommended!.

View all my reviews

No comments: