Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Being Jazz by Jazz Jennings

Being Jazz: My Life as a (Transgender) TeenBeing Jazz: My Life as a (Transgender) Teen by Jazz Jennings
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved listening to Jazz Jennings on Audible as she described her life's journey from a child to teen as transgender. Jazz's voice is authentic, real, honest, and a personality that is larger than life. She has a supportive family, is very involved in supporting transgender rights (accompanying her mother to Philadelphia to speak at conferences) and speaks and acts as a role model for other youth (and their families) like her. She has a very special voice that talks about the bullying and judgments made about her but she only asks for acceptance for herself and others. She is courageous, funny, smart and sensitive. I am going to check out her TV show and some of her YouTube videos. Highly recommended & a must read.

View all my reviews

No comments: