Sunday, September 25, 2016

Mortal Danger (#1) by Ann Aguirre

Mortal Danger (Immortal Game, #1)Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There was so much I did not like about this book. This was an audiobook I listened to narrated by Susan Hanfield. She did a good job with Edie but as the male character, Kian- his personality/voice came across as forced monotone the whole book (even when he is in love with Edie). The book is about Edie being bullied and as she readies to jump off a bridge, she makes a deal with her rescuer, Kian (but it is really a deal with the devil) and since the story line was not fluid, therefore when the supernatural aspects begin to show, it was just not believable. I did not like how Edie was supposedly so smart so they whole time she is figuring things out, it seemed forced.
Also at the end, the Author's Note was really good about bullying but I wish it had been at the beginning, it might have made a difference...but I am not sure. Not sure I will continue with this series.







View all my reviews

No comments: