Thursday, September 29, 2016

Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk

Wolf HollowWolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this crushingly sad middle grade book for a Twitter book chat with #yabookchat Sunday 10/2 at 9PM. I loved the writing of Lauren Wolk as she described Annabelle's world which takes place in a small Pennsylvania town after WWII. Annabelle's is a normal 12 year old but when bully Betty Glengarry moves in, Annabelle is afraid and lying to her family. She gets the gumption from deep within to stand up to Betty, but what Betty decides to do is strike at a war veteran who is Annabelle's friend. I read this book with a heavy heart, and hated the attitudes and ideas that were prevalent at that time, and only served to further Betty's evil intent. Readers will be rocked by this searing book. A must read.

View all my reviews

No comments: