Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Redemption Road by John Hart

Redemption RoadRedemption Road by John Hart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I listened to this John Hart audiobook narrated by Scott Shepherd and liked his narration of all the characters EXCEPT Liz the good cop. Shepherd's voice for Liz (not her conscious thoughts) just did not do it for me. Shepherd's Liz was always monotone, flat, with no emotion and did not get across to me, the reader, her brokenness, and her determination. I love John Hart novels and this was one I could not stop listening too but I did not like the resolution of the mystery!!! I do not want to add any spoilers but yuck; I found it almost unbelievable and awful. Maybe if I had read this thriller I might have felt differently but I chose to listen to it and I always love my audiobooks, but even though I LOVED the drama and psychological suspense and love Hart's writing, this audiobook lacked a strong voice for Liz and a less than worthy revenge but I did love Liz, Channing & Adrian's travails and eventual redemption.

View all my reviews

No comments: