Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis

A Madness So DiscreetA Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Brittany Pressley's narration of Grace and the doctor were perfect; McGinnis' story of insane asylums during the early 1900s, the injustices perpetrated against patients and just victims of society as a whole and the work Grace performs trying to catch a serial killer had me riveted. The plot was thick with mystery and the horrors of life in the Ohio asylum and I appreciated the change to the Boston asylum where the patients were treated as humanely as possible. Grace's friends were real and very supportive of her; it was Grace who really had to figure out who she was and what she wanted in life. A great psychological thriller, McGinnis is one of my new favorite authors!

View all my reviews

No comments: