Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Three Dark Crown by Kendare Blake

Three Dark CrownsThree Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It is not often that I don't give 4 or 5 stars to a book (because I love so so many) and while I will continue with this series, I really did not like MOST of the characters. Yes, it is a large female cast but there was no redeeming qualities to the three queens and I suppose it was because of the people in charge of raising them (they were unkind, evil, lying and conniving) - the queens are stripped from their families, sequestered with women who will nurture their powers (woo to any queen if you don't seem to have powers) and as they move toward the big day when only one will win and the winner kills the losers, I really hoped for redemption. So I will wait for #2 but I really did not like the total darkness, evil intent, and malice throughout this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: