Thursday, February 9, 2017

Scythe by Neal Shusterman

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)Scythe by Neal Shusterman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you so much to Laurie Hnatiuk's rave review of this totally awesome new series from Neal Shusterman!!! As a result, I pushed it to the front of my very long TBR shelf, got it on ILL from a neighboring library and flew threw it in 2 days. I have to admit the reason I gave it a horror rating is because of the violence of the Goddard Scythe (and the way apprentices are trained, dealt with & questioned during the conclaves) and his Goddard's underlings truly made my heart very heavy. But as with any great book, Shusterman's masterful world-building did not disappoint and had me rooting for Citra & Rowan to battle back & rise victorious from the awful world Scythe Faraday doomed them to as his apprentices. I am looking forward to learning more about loopholes (HeHe) about the all powerful Thunderhead and the moral battles that are mounting within the Scythe community. I like the utopia Shusterman crafts along with all the pitfalls and consequences that a utopia can present. Could not put this book down, even though I wanted to- the bullying gripped me vise-like but I was also thrilled to read on and find out how characters dealt with it. A must read!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: