Monday, February 13, 2017

The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco

The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1)The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Thank you to NetGalley and Sourcebooks Fire, for the ARC, The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco. I enjoyed the sweeping fantasy world Tea grew up in with her parents, brothers, and sisters (all witches). When 11 year old Tea brings her dead brother back to life on the day of his funeral, her world dramatically changes and rather than being respected, she is now an object of scorn and fear as one who can raise the dead. Tea is nursed back to health and quickly taken with her brother, Fox, to train as an asha by a bone witch, Mylaeka. The story is told in the past and the present (kind of had some confusion there). I loved the witches, the heartglass, and the many other scary demonic beasts and dragons. I will definitely be reading this series because there are still so many questions that I need answers to and am rooting for Tea and Fox’s bond to become even stronger. As a bone witch, I want to see Tea be a force and learn/explore more about who she is and those she must serve with lots of suspense and action.

View all my reviews

No comments: