Sunday, March 26, 2017

Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton

Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1)Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, another awesome series by a debut author to share with my #yearofya chat Wednesday 3/29 @8PM EST- read this book & join us.! I loved Amani's voice, character, thoughts, and oh yes, her actions!!! She was perfect with a gun (and as a boy), aching to get out of her house & town, and crazy enough to charge into situations & then think about how to get out & survive. I can't wait to read the 2nd book, Traitor to the Throne (#2 (500 pages) in a trilogy), but reading the synopsis on Goodreads has me unhappy because Jinn, her foreign super hero and love interest---seem to be apart for most of the novel- I so hope it is not. They are like puzzle pieces that fit together, get things done, & live to fight another day. There was so much adventure, suspense, lying (haha), world building, and drama to keep my fingers flying through the pages & chapters!!! There was so much grand mythology, magic horses, Skywalkers, Ghouls, and Djinn & Demdjii providing heart stopping action- plus the many sultan sons & daughters. A must read!

View all my reviews

No comments: