Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Beast by Brie Spangler

BeastBeast by Brie Spangler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG what a book! I could not stop listening to Andrew Eiden as he narrated flawlessly the voice of Dylan called Beast by everyone because of his size and friend to one jerk, JP who makes him beat up kids to collect money owed him. Andrew Eiden's rendition of Jamie, the girl Dylan meets & falls for in group. What he doesn't know (because he tuned out) is that Janie is transgender & when he finds out, he deals with it all wrong. I ached for Dylan, his life, his yearning to get signs from his dead father, and his lack of faith in his mother. I rooted for Dylan & Jamie to triumph over themselves, other's judgments, and grow to appreciate the very horribleness of the world. A must read & recommended for all libraries!

View all my reviews

No comments: